Playing with fake passports to practice asking questions about others!
The one on the left named herself, "Dragon." These three are pretty serious about winning the English Olympics!So, I have finished my first week of camps. I must say, despite the many hours of planning and preparing...I'm having a great time! The girls are too, I think, and that makes it worth it. I have about 15 girls that are coming this past week and next week. We have 5 more days together next week and then I do it all over again with another group (one grade younger)! Then it's off to Thailand! YEAH!
I love that I'm teaching less girls and they are just glad to be able to spend time with each other and me. I haven't had any fights or back talk...hopefully that continues next week too! Everyday I have them write journals about their days. They are VERY competitive. I have them in 3 different "Olympic" teams. So every day we do Olympic english games that can win them points for their team. It's a HUGE deal to them too, which makes them focus and try really hard!
Having fun with the blindfolds!
Describing the new planet they created.
Here, Christina is giving instructions to Jessica where to put the clown's nose! Christina's one of my favourites..is that allowed? Oh well, she's sweet and really cute. :)Camps are from 9-1 and it flies by! Then I eat lunch, prepare for the next day, and then it's just about time to go home again.
Hope everyone's settling back into life's routine again refreshed after the holidays!
5 comments:
Your classroom looks so nice!! hardwood floors?!?! Jeez! lol
Sounds like all your hard work in planning has paid off. Great job! One question - do you have heat in your school? Why are the girls wearing what look like outdoor coats inside the classroom? Here's wishing you well in the next few weeks of camp. Have fun.
Aunt Jennifer
Wow sounds like you have great days planned out. Good job! Love all the pictures!
Love you! Mom & Dad
Hey Karen!! Sounds like you have some exciting days ahead! You and Katy will have to teach Shana the ropes about hostels etc. I am curious to know how they compare to the european ones.
Thanks for posting!
Ron
Hey Karen,
it was cool to see you on the webcam and talk to you at the Oosterhof Christmas. It was fun but we missed you!
From steph
Post a Comment